This past Sunday, my wife and I went finally for our first Spring walk. With the weather this year, you know what I mean about, finally. It got me thinking about what else, spring cleaning. It also made me think about my clients and how many could use a spring financial clean up. I sat down and started to think what suggestions I could come up with to help my fellow Hamiltonians who need basic advice.
So here goes, a list of suggestions to improve your financial situation:
– It’s tax season, what a great time to review if you are taking advantage of every credit or deduction
– are the kids in every type of sport? Our kids were and we cut back on soccer. Not only did it save money, but we had more of a life
– shop and consolidate your insurance, life, home and automobile
– shop and consolidate your cable, internet and phone package. I learned a lesson on how much I could save when shopping for my cell phone.
– consider dropping your land line phone
– review your utilities. Are there areas where you can save? Can you consolidate some of the utility plans?
– review your bank accounts, are there memberships, deductions, or subscriptions that you are paying and not taking advantage of?
– are there gift cards, or accumulated points from credit cards that are not used. Can they be used to pay down debts?
– Can you switch credit card balances that are high to new credit card balance which has low introductory rates
– Look around the house. Is there anything that could be sold? Our house has a lot of junk. I wonder why we don’t have a garage sale or sell items on Kijiji.
Please start a pay yourself plan. I guarantee you it will lead to financial freedom. I realize it is difficult but what a fantastic habit that is beneficial to you and not the bank.
Consider a refinance of your mortgage. Mortgage rates are at record lows and what a great way to improve your cash flow.
I realize it might be difficult since time is a huge enemy for us. Look at having automatic payments taken out which will reduce stress. I hope you realize banks try to get your money, how else do they make money. Be selfish; put your family, finances and freedom first. It is work the effort!
Mortgage Education and Advice in a Stress-Free Environment
651 Fennell Avenue E, Hamilton, Ontario
905-574-9200 Ext. 215